Print On Demand
on demand is a new technology that allows large scale printers
to create short-run reproductions instead of the large, expensive
production runs normally associated with printing art.
ability of the Giclée process to reproduce prints
over a long period of time with consistency allows orders
small number of prints when needed to be printed on demand.
While the process does
offer a high degree of consistency over time, editions that require
exact matching should be printed at one time.
on demand is seen by many to have a promising future as traditional
printing methods become unprofitable when doing
small print runs (less
than one hundred pictures), printing Artworks as they are required,
instead of printing and then hoping the demand is there.
could mean that Artwork never goes out of print, because tools
exist to simply print more in a very automated fashion (be
it one copy or
advantages of print on demand
• You avoid the higher costs, inventory hassles, and storage expense
of larger print runs
• It is simple to reprint your art when your inventory runs low or when
demand exceeds forecasts
• It allows you to test your new pieces in the market, lowering financial
• Due to low print runs you are able to make alterations to your work
without being charged for another large print run
• You can replenish your out-of-stock paintings in small quantities preventing
older pieces of work from becoming obsolete.